Monday, October 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

Early Thanksgiving wishes to all my Canadian friends! My sister and her husband will arrive today and although they will leave before next weekend, harvest is underway and we will be bringing in the rest of the garden as the combine is picking up the barley and canola in the fields.  We'll have a harvest dinner tonight to celebrate and then another on Sunday.  Our son, daughter and two nephews will be here to enjoy the weekend.  One nephew has just moved to Alberta and another is on a road trip.  They're both from Vancouver Island so haven't experienced harvest.  We're really looking forward to having them here with us.  I'm so grateful for family, both near and far so this morning I'm counting my blessings. All the best to you and yours - Happy Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fantastic with family celebrating the harvest. Take care, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! A Thanksgiving week! What a great plan. Have a lot of fun and good visiting time with your guests.

    Your mosaic looks perfect for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday this week with your family. It sounds delightful. Your fall photos are beautiful with all the yellows and golds. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you will have a very old-fashioned Thanksgiving, Sheila! Harvest, followed by a feast - it doesn't get much for authentic than that! I wish you and yours a beautiful week together and a joyous Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same to you. Sounds like a lot of work, hopefully can get it all put away before the first frost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Sheila! Sounds like you have a busy but fun week ahead. Enjoy the harvest season and time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are in for a busy 'harvest celebration' week. Enjoy every moment of it. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have time to enjoy both your harvest meals. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice that you can have family for Thanksgiving. Your trees are lovely. Have a great weekend and week, we have much to be thankful for here in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Shelia! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Thank you so much for your good wishes on my good news. Unfortunately I am not crocheting anythng for the baby as I never learned how to do so,.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harvest sounds a busy and exciting time especially when family arrive. Happy Thanks giving to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It looks like Fall has arrived in your part of the world! Enjoy this special time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i sure hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of friends, family & great foods. yum. lovely mosaic. so perfect for this fall addition of the note card party. enjoy your fall. (:

    elizardbreathspeaks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete