Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dallas Road Memories



There are memories of home in these pictures - how lucky we were as children to have this rocky beach just half a block away... My love of rocks must have started on our beach walks. As an adult I moved all over BC and we always took my rocks with us. Now when I go "home" I collect a small rock for each member of my family and I leave them on display until I visit my childhood home again.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun story. My girlfriends and I stay at a cabin owned by one of our friends. We go there at least once a year sometimes twice. Each time we stay there we find a rock "somewhat med size", and each of us paints a little special memory of the trip on it. We date it and it goes in the flower bed in front of the cabin. It has been so much fun. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the most beautiful stretches of beach, isn't it? I'll be down there tomorrow, as one of my work sites is just opposite Ogden Point.
    I too have a little rock collection - bits and pieces from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete