On a visit to the newly opened Art Gallery of Alberta this weekend I took the second picture from the rooftop terrace. It's a ready made mosaic showing curvy, distorted windows in the reflection.
What an experience to see the brilliance of Yousuf Karsh in his photographic portraits of so many of the 20th century's most famous politicians, scientists, actors, musicians and royalty.
http://www.karsh.org/
The Edgar Degas exhibit was a reminder of our visit to the Musee d'Orsay in Paris and included some small sculptures of ballet dancers from that museum. The building is such an interesting structure and certainly worth a visit if you're ever in Edmonton.
http://www.youraga.ca/exhibit/figures-in-motion
My daughter and I enjoyed visiting seven art galleries on Edmonton's "Art Walk" as well. It was an inspiring weekend and the sun shone in Edmonton. Six years ago we were in Paris in April. I think it may be time to plan another trip!
I'm glad to read that the sun shone on Edmonton, as we'd heard about some recent snow there.
ReplyDeleteThe Art Gallery looks like a fabulous place. I'll have to google it to see just where it is. It's been years since I was in Edmonton on a regular basis - there must be lots new!