Sunday, April 25, 2010

Looking Back


Last March I visited my hometown of Victoria BC and today's mosaic contains a few of the beach scenes I saw there.

Spring is on it's way here but the pansies I planted in my porch pots were covered with towels as the snow flakes fell lazily down this morning. Thursday was glorious and I loved my first full day of gardening: raking grass and leaves, trimming perennials, moving edging rocks from one flower bed to the other.

Twenty four hours of wonderful continuous rain started Thursday night and ended when it began to snow overnight on Friday. As a result many perennials have started to pop up in the flower beds.

It won't be long now until the annuals are brought in to the temporary nurseries in town. I bought my sweet pea and nasturtium seeds today. Hope Springs Eternal!

If you like my Monday Mosaic you might enjoy the others that are posted at The Little Red House . Thanks for visiting here!



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous beach scenes and you put together an interesting mosaic! Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mosaic! Hope your week is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious what was all the wood doing on the beach.You made a lovely mosaic of the pictures.Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that vertical mosaic - perfect for the Dallas Road stretch!
    I was in your neck of the woods on this weekend - more or less! I could have done without the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mosaic and theme!
    Happy Mosaic Monday...Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mosaic. You never know what you'll find on a beach! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The landscape is beautiful, lovely mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping in to see me in Normandy today, I like your mosiac very much it's different and quirky.
    I can't believe that you are still experiencing snow! Heavens, it's almost summertime here!
    I'm thrilled that you would want to follow me, there are 2 ways, next time you visit me just either click on the "Follow"sidebar link or the one on the tool bar above.
    I'll be following you too from now on.
    ~Maggie~

    ReplyDelete
  9. The size of your driftwood is amazing! We're more used to small branches at the most, certainly not tree trunks!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sheila,

    Thanks for the comments on my blog. I see you are in Edmonton where the weather is very changeable. But it won't be long before you have warmer temperatures than we on the Island have.

    We've recently relocated to Parksville because of my husband's job so I'm getting used to a whole new set of beaches. We've not had time to walk on them much but I'm looking forward to exploring soon. It seems that every spare minute is filled with painting and fixing and yard work on the house.

    I am definitely going to check out the Versailles daily photo - I do love France and Versailles in particular. Thanks for the tip.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photographs are lovely. I love BC, and can't wait to get up there this summer. It truly must be the most beautiful place in North America (but don't tell anyone, we want to keep it all to ourselves)!

    ReplyDelete