
I love to take pictures that capture people in front of a beautiful vista. Years ago I tried to exclude everything that wasn't part of the "perfect" scenic picture but these days the backs of people sometimes tell a story. I wonder what the people in my pictures might be thinking and sometimes it's a way of placing myself back in that moment in time. These photos were taken in Maui last summer. This weekend our family has been together again and we've been discussing the possibility of a family vacation next year. In the meantime we have enjoyed the peace and quiet of a beautiful summer weekend on our farm. Hope your weekend opened up a window of possibilities for you. It's always good to have a dream.
I'm linking this post to Mary's Mosaic Monday.
Thank you for visiting my blog and I appreciate your comments. This summer on the farm has been busier than ever and I've spent less time at the computer but I'll look forward to reading about your summers wherever you are...
Hi Sheila!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you when your comment popped into my in-box! :)
I'd love to learn more about your farm someday. Is the first photo a view of it? That is a wonderful angle, taken through the truck window. My grandmother had a small farm in Pennsylvania and I loved visiting her as a child and helping her with chores.
Your mosaic is lovely. It is so true a reflective person in a photo can add so much.
You asked me a few posts ago if parking was easy in NYC. It definitely is not! It is hard to find a spot as there are many parking regulations and too many cars. Parking garages can cost up to $50 a day! I usually take a bus or the subway to travel around the city, and sometimes a cab if I am in a rush. I also walk a lot.
Hi Sheila - I'd much rather a photo with a person in it than one with only a scene/monument/point of interest.........after all, I could buy a postcard if all I wanted was the scene. People make the memories out of the scenery. I love the first photo!
ReplyDeleteSheila, I love the first picture and how you took it through the window and how it is perfectly centered......:-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteHow pretty, lovely mosaic. I am hosting a CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by.
ReplyDeleteI adore Maui! Beautiful vistas! Thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. I love the skies in the mosaic.
ReplyDeleteWhy do all these 'prompts' need posting on a Thursday. I can only do one post at a time, drat it.
ReplyDeleteI like your mosaic, you are right to put a person into the picture, it gives it a focus.