Friday, July 9, 2010

Trip to Maui



-Passports
-confirmation numbers and luggage
-diabetic cat boarded at veterinarian's
-keys to neighbors
-plants watered
-suitcases packed
-bigger memory card in camera
-full tank of gas

The list is getting shorter...and we're off on our first family vacation in years and years. Magically the next morning I wake up to draw open the drapes and see a beautiful pool, manicured lawns, palm trees and the Pacific Ocean before my eyes. Flashback to this weekend last year... The next two weeks were spent on the island of Maui so I've decided to let my pictures do the talking and take you on our trip. Click the mosaics to enlarge. Aloha!

Our trip to Haleakala was an amazing experience. We had been there once before and it's so awe inspiring to be looking down on the crater and at the clouds and small planes that are below the summit. For those of you interested in plants, there is a wonderful interactive identification guide of the plants and ferns to be found in Haleakala National Park. It's a white-knuckle drive up approximately 22 miles of switchbacks but a breathtaking experience at Haleakala, House of the Sun. Today I sit before my computer reliving the memories. I'm thankful we experienced Maui with our son and daughter. It was a great family vacation. Aloha!

I'm linking to Monday Mosaics at Mary's Little Red House.

11 comments:

  1. We haven't had a family vacation for years and years. I look at families that manage to get children, grandchildren and in-laws together for a trip and I marvel.
    I would love to visit Maui! Thank you for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the trip...closest I'll ever get to Maui. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible photos! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredibly beautiful place. The mosaics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice mosaic, I would also like to go to this nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is beautiful! The mosaics are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. Your photos are breath-taking. You must have had such a wonderful time. I would love to visit Maui. Oh... one day... I suppose I better get over my fear of flying first. It's a very long swim. ;-)

    Peace and happiness,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A place I'd love to visit and even more so after seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must have been a beautiful trip. I love your pictures and mosaics. About my header yes that is a picture of Kinderdijk. So you have been there. it is beautiful there I know. We love to go there now and then, it is not so far from us.Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omigosh, that is gorgeous! It must have been such a wonderful trip. Thanks so much for bringing us along at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete