Sunday, October 24, 2010
The Story of My Life
Well I really don't intend to tell you that story but it was simple to snap a few pictures of some of my memories this week. A couple of years ago I decided to try to make a scrapbook for myself. I've enjoyed gathering memories and making Golden Anniversary scrapbooks for my parents and my husband's parents, a memory book for my father, my sister, my children and my husband and I finally decided to make one for myself. I called it "the Story of My Life". Earlier this week I took some pictures and did a post about my experience working on the Princess Marguerite which sailed between Seattle, Washington and Victoria, BC each day. I decided to use those pictures to make a mosaic tonight. You might enjoy the rest of my summer job story. You'll find it just below this. Please visit Mary at Her Little Red House sometime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A unique mosaic and an intriguing one so I'm off to read the post below...
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing your perspective
ReplyDeletehttp://cwwongphotography.blogspot.com/
I read your post about your summer job. Boy, there;s not many that can say they worked on a big ship like that! Very interesting and great mosaic!
ReplyDeleteA great mosaic, and I'm so glad you shared your story. It adds some recent history to the Island where we've lived for just 8 years.
ReplyDeleteI love how you made books full of memories for those you love.....years from now they will be even more pleased with your efforts. Have a great week my friend......:-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the previous post and your mosaic. I'll bet you could tell us lots of interesting stories about that summer job!
ReplyDeleteSheila,
ReplyDeleteGreat mosaic. I will have to read the previous post.
I am gathering pictures to do a scrapbook for myself as well.
Carol
You created a fun mosaic, Shelia. I read your post about your job on the Princess Marguerite- you must have had many enjoyable experiences. It's always nice to preserve your memories, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThanks for your recent visit to my blog. I just wanted to clarify that I am not from Ireland, however. I live in Ohio, here in the states. The old family homestead is in County Kerry. It is slowly "going back to land," as they say in Ireland.
~ Sue
Very pretty mosaic, Sheila, and your job sounds so interesting..I'm off to read the post below to find out more about it! Happy MM!
ReplyDeleteSheila, this is wonderful! What a fun job that must have been. Thanks for sharing your memories.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful mosaic and the story was great. Thank you for sharing it with us, it is so nice to learn about other bloggers life.
ReplyDelete