Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ordinary Days


January is almost over and whether spoken, 
written or just circling around in my mind, 
lists are always with me.  
One of these days I'll finish the baby books 
and scrapbooks I started many years ago...
Sometime I'm going to put all of the pictures 
I've taken out of the sequential albums back in place...
One of these years I'll transfer all the pictures 
from sticky page albums into acid free albums...
And the time goes by...
but this month I've made a great start 
and I hope to finally be able to cross "Sorting Pictures"
off my mental list of things to do.
I'm having a wonderful trip back in time
as I sort through the pictures of my children on ordinary days 
and I thought I'd share 
a few favorite pictures with you today. 
My sister-in-law just sent this beautiful reflection on motherhood and life to me.
The Gift Of An Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison 
If you have a few minutes - do take the time to listen.


I'm linking this post to Mary's Mosaic Monday.  Beautiful photo mosaics are abundant at Mary's Little Red House!

16 comments:

  1. How good it must feel to get that job finished. Sorting photos is on my list of things to do, too. And January/February is a good month to do those things - too cold to be out in the yard. I can tell that you have many happy memories tucked into those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are beautiful, Sheila. I Have been doing the same thing this winter --sorting photos and replacing the albums to acid free ones. Sadly some photos were already fading.

    I've seen Katrina's wonderful video a few times. It always makes me cry as I remember how quickly my children seemed to grow and become adults and on their own. I cherished those ordinary days of childhood and I now tell my daughter-in-law to make sure to cherish them with our grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila
    Nice to look at old photos with you. I still have the scrapbooking of our family pictures to finish.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family you have, so much fun to look at the pictures and have such wonderful memories! I need to go through mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been finding so many old photos while cleaning out my Dads' house. They are full of memories, just like your and treasures to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how we started baby books with so much enthusiasm...and then we found it hard to find the time to fill them. Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a drawer-full of photos that need attention. I'm always meaning to get to that drawer!
    So, you have a red-head in your family too..... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you've had sorting through those beautiful memories and thank you for sharing some of them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful memories you must be enjoying while looking thru your family photos. Your children are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories, ahhh to have that off the list of to do. I would love to get through the photos and get them out of those old nasty photo albums.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet babies they were (and probably still are, I'm sure!
    I love sifting through old photographs, now if I could just get back into scrapbooking............blogging takes up so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to spend some time in the old albums...and re-live those ordinary days that make up the whole of life. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your old photos and accomplishing the scrapbooking project. Nice memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Half an hour ago I was promising myself to get those old photos sorted. I know my new grandson looks just like 'someone' as a baby, but can't figure out who! It would have been so much quicker looking through the photos if they had been in a better order. That is on my To Do list now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes me to. That job is on my list. I have started but then I lose momentum. Your post has got me thinking about doing some more tomorrow. Your kids were sweet...I wonder what they look like now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheila - how lovely to meet you too! I also have boxes of photos to sort, but I get slightly lost in all the memories they evoke and it will take a LONG time to get them all scrapbooked, scanned or filed away. And they make me smile - the memories. I am following you now too and it will be wonderful to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete