Friday, February 4, 2011

Learning From Others

I've come across so many interesting things since I've discovered blogging.
I love the blogs that are creative and inspirational.  I enjoy armchair traveling and I enjoy seeing the beautiful photographs that people post on their blogs.
In the deep dark days of winter it's wonderful to be taken instantly to another place and to share a snippet of another person's world - wherever they live.

Sometimes I take the time to just listen and the experience is very worthwhile.

TED Ideas worth spreading is a website filled with short talks by experts in many fields.  If you haven't heard of TED talks do take a few minutes to listen to just one talk.  I guarantee that what you listen to will be informative.  You may not agree with the speaker but your brain will be stimulated.  I plan to make a TED talk a regular part of my day.  There are over 800 talks available just by clicking your mouse a few times.  Be sure to click full screen and you will be in the audience listening to "Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world"
If you do come across a talk you'd like to recommend please let me know.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sheila, for this excellent website! I just enjoyed watching an interesting TED video about an project that is using structures full of live oysters to help filter out pollution from a canal in Brooklyn, NY and one near Governor's Island. I also saw a few more videos I'd like to watch when I have a chance. It's always nice to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is serendipitous, Sheila. I listened to my very first TEDTalk this morning - about starting a movement. I'm definitely going to be listening to more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post today Sheila! I enjoyed connected to the TEDtalk site. I agree blogging is wonderful and you can go anywhere in the world with a keystroke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much for calling by and commenting on News From Italy, you are right the Italians have no real idea of cold! I am not sure why I have not discovered your blog before now, but I will certainly be back as I am now your latest follower. Your words in this post ring so true, I have learnt so much since I started blogging about the rest of the world and made some great virtual friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been listening to Ted for quite a while now, I think he is wonderful. I have just spent a half an hour getting caught up on your wonderful post and viewing all your lovely pictures, I have missed you......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great way to spend cold winter days, listening to TED. I just listened to Steve Jobs, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son got me listening to Ted Talks - they make me think!
    Great photos - come on over and we'll take a walk through Chinatown!

    ReplyDelete