Another inside weekend is shaping up for us here on the farm. It's beautifully sunny and bright and the sunshine's reflecting off the icy snow covered fields. But the weather outside is frightful. Last night the temperature dipped to -34C and it's -32C now at 9:30 am. Here's the Saturday forecast (in Celsius):
Wind chill warning in effect.
Today..Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 17.
Extreme wind chill minus 46 this morning.
Tonight..Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34.
Extreme wind chill minus 44.
Sunday..Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 16.
Extreme wind chill minus 46.
Oh I just got the update -
here's the forecast for
Saturday night and Sunday.
Wind chill warning in effect.
Tonight..Clear. Wind becoming south
20 km/h overnight. Low minus 36.
Extreme wind chill minus 47.
Sunday..Sunny. Wind south 20 km/h
becoming light in the morning. High minus 15.
Extreme wind chill
minus 51 in the morning.
The farmer's in charge of a "Big Breakfast"
and I'll be making soup later on.
Thank goodness I have a lap quilt to finish
and I'll try to get some more picture sorting done.
Maybe I'll play with my photos in Picasa.
It would be lovely to be back
on Vancouver Island this weekend.
 |
| Click on mosaic to enlarge |
Hope you have a good weekend wherever you are!
I'm off to Seedy Saturday at the Conference Centre - I wish you could come too!
ReplyDeleteI well remember those cold Alberta February days in Cold Lake!
Oh my goodness, Sheila, I can't even begin to imagine that sort of weather! I thought I was in danger of freezing in Victoria, BC in autumn. Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteBrrrr, what frigid weather! It would be wonderful to have you on Vancouver Island where the sun is shining and the temperatures are above 0 - at least a little bit.
ReplyDeleteCan I say, without making you feel too bad, that I'm headed out into the yard, well bundled up, to do a little pre-spring clean up?
We are expecting a good cooling down after some wonderful spring time weather. I am not looking forward to it in the least.
ReplyDeleteOh Sheila it is just as cold in Morinville, I only went out today because I had too but was so happy to arrived home and watch curling as I sat beside a warm fire......sleeping in tomorrow.
ReplyDelete....Stay warm my friend,.....:-)Hugs
Oh wow, I can't even imagine how cold that is. To me, zero degrees Celsius is already extremely cold even though back in Ukraine we had some rough winters too. I guess sunny and warm California spoiled me.
ReplyDeleteThese past days I've been staying indoors too, not because of the cold, but because of the non-stop rain.
Stay warm and cozy,
Olga
Sheila,
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how cold that must be!
Come over to Normandy where the forsythia, daffodils and crocus are all waiting to welcome you.
(BTW a cornichon is a pickle, sort of a mini dill pickle, and goes well with cheese, rillettes & pate)
No wonder you have been enjoying my signs of Spring photos! I am worried for the blossom with temps this week predicted at minus 2C for the lows. I hope you have a well insulated home and stay warm and cosy indoors.
ReplyDelete