 |
CLICK TO ENLARGE MOSAIC
A blogging friend pointed out that we all should appreciate each day no matter what the weather's like and she is so right. Thanks for the good advice Bernie. About two weeks ago we went to get the mail and I thought I'd make a mosaic showing the sights we see on the 10 mile trip. I've always appreciated having the post office so much closer than our town is. |
I WROTE A POST ABOUT THE WEATHER A COUPLE OF NIGHTS AGO. Thanks to all who commiserated with me. I hate to complain about anything, but a prediction of -51 with the wind chill does make me a little anxious. It only got to minus 32 last night and the wind wasn't as strong as expected. It wasn't nearly as cold as predicted and with a fire in the wood stove and good movies and books to entertain us we enjoyed our inside days this weekend. I finished the top of a lap quilt and will send it along to an elderly aunt very soon. I made six "Mug Rugs" and I'm thinking it will be fun to use up so many odds and ends of quilting fabric that way. They will make nice little gifts.
I'm remembering last summer's poppies and my new header is a mosaic of pictures I took in
Beacon Hill Park last summer.
I'm linking this to
Mary's Little Red House tonight. She went back in her archives and is "Longing For Spring".
Oh your world looks a lot like mine...white. And it sounds a lot like mine, though our temps haven't dipped that low. We did have the nasty cold and fierce winds, but I was able to enjoy my inside time very well. Glad that you were, too.
ReplyDeletewow!
ReplyDeleteAloha from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
><}}(°>
Those photos brought back memories!
ReplyDeleteIf given a choice between Alberta and the Island you know what I'd choose!
Oh yest a movie and a warm fire sounds so cosy and relaxing. I know how hard you work during the other seasons, it is good to rest now. Beautiful drive to your post office, I love how you do your mosaics......:-)Hugs
ReplyDeleteYour mosaic is lovely. Looks so soft and serene. I love mug rugs but have yet to use one for its original purpose. And they make wonderful gifts.
ReplyDeleteWould love to see your quilts sometime! :)
Your mosaics are always lovely, one thing about the exceptional cold it has given you some beautiful scenery to enjoy. Take Care and stay warm.
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding us we should be thankful to be here to enjoy the weather every day, no matter how cold and snowy.
I guess I shouldn't complain about having to walk over to the next street to pick up our mail after seeing the trek you take. :-)
Judith
Wow! That's quite a trip to the postoffice ... all white! Come on Spring!
ReplyDeleteYour weekend sounds warm and cozy in spite of the nasty temperatures.
ReplyDeleteI grew up in Prince George and I remember the cold that seeped into every nook and cranny, making me long for warmer days.
Your white roads are beautiful, but I can tell that your heart is longing for the colors of spring and summer.
I hope you show us some of your recent quilting projects.
Brrrrrr....Sheila, it sounds so cold there! I'm sure agood roaring fire and hot tea help to keep you warm and cozy. We are all waiting for Spring!
ReplyDeleteSheila yes this winter weather shall soon pass and if you are like me will bicycle to the postoffice before you know it!
ReplyDeleteIt is easy for me to say this as I snowbird in the Arizona desert.
Wonderful mosaic. But too cold, I would indoors just like you watching movies and reading.
ReplyDeleteYour trip to the post office is about like mine! Lol
ReplyDeleteOh how I wish I could enjoy some of your snow! Alwsys wanting what we don't have, eh?!? Lol well, your spring will be here before you know it and how gorgeous it is where you live! Have I told you that when I was 13 we went from Louisiana in a big ole travel trailer, up the east side of u.s., ALlllll the way across Canada into b.c. And then down through wash, or, etc. Only staying at Nat. &state prks?! Well, my favortie was b.c,!!! Just spectacular! You re very fortunate to live where you do. X
That's right, we should try to enjoy every day to the fullest extend no matter what the weather is like. Movies and crafts sound like a nice way to spend cold days indoors.
ReplyDeleteI love your photo mosaic. The clear skies and the snow look so pretty.
Wow! That's cold! I can understand why you spent the weekend inside. Mr. B gave me a coat for Christmas that has metallic fabric inside to reflect my body heat back to me. It really works. Now if I could find some glove that will keep my hands warm.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hi Sheila, it's so nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my post. I always appreciate new visitors :-) Your landscape looks so familiar as we have been to Alberta several times in the past 4 years to visit our daughter in F M. I was just looking through my photos last night from a trip there and the flat landscape (in summer). It sure has been terribly cold there lately after your mild spell. We are in for more snow tomorrow here and are getting very tired of it all! Oh well, spring is just around the corner! Blessings, Pamela
ReplyDeleteI guess I need to put our cold snap into perspective! Stay warm, my friend.
ReplyDeleteHello, your mosaic and poppies are beautiful. You pass a lovely scene on the way to get the mail. Stay Warm.
ReplyDelete