Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day After Day

It was a gray snowy day yesterday and today it's sunny.
That makes all the difference!
Day after day the sunrises and sunsets are amazing despite the cold.
Winter on our farm seems to last forever...
It really doesn't help to complain...winter will be here for a long time yet and in the meantime I will look forward to the signs of spring that my blogging friends will soon be seeing in their gardens.

Perhaps there will be some spring flowers to be seen in the mosaics at Mary's House this week. I'm going to knock on her door right now. 

My mosaics can be enlarged by clicking on them.  Thanks for visiting here!

16 comments:

  1. Glorious images Sheila! I'm glad you are finding this beauty in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely skies Sheila! I've come across some beautiful flowers at Mary's house. Great reminder that spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mosaic - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, your photos are beautiful. There's always some beauty around us, isn't there? I'm so thankful you took the time to capture these lovely scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mosaic, your pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the Alberta winter. Children going to school in the dark and coming home in the dark....but the blue sky and the bright sunshine at -40 has to be experienced to be believed - fantastic!
    I love the photos of the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful photos! Sun and snow together are stunning, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love sky shots and these mosaics are fabulous, thankyou so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila,

    Beautiful sky photographs. Your mosaics are stunning. Spring will be here before you know it.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely mosaic! I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.hugs Anu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila you made such good shots from the evening sun, I love to look at them, very very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic photos! I know what long winters are like, that's why I am so happy to live in California. My cyclamens are starting to bloom already! And more flowers should come up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be so much colder in Alberta than here in Connecticut. We set a record here for the most snow in a month since levels started being recorded in 1905 - 54.5 inches for January. And we have had more ice and snow since then. In fact, 70 roofs have collapsed in Massachusetts. I don't know how many in Connecticut. Local schools have been closed for the National Guard and volunteers to shovel the roofs. More snow coming tonight then arctic air.

    I'm wishing I could visit my actor son in LA and experience some warm weather. Being able to walk around outside without slipping on ice would be lovely.

    This is the first time I ever lived so close to a mall. I just ran out and bought an exercise mat and got home in less than 45 minutes!

    Your pictures of the sun are lovely. You are staying interested and busy. It's like Garfield said as he threw down the banana peel, "Sometimes you have to make your own fun!"
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sunset mosaic, beautiful!!! Winter has dropped another snowstorm into our lap, the flat bird feeder is now in a hole, the snow is so deep. We will need snowshoes soon:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely mosaic! And thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Have a wonderful week! Kit

    ReplyDelete