Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Paris Scenes




This evening I'm thinking back to a trip I made to Paris in 2004.  When I returned home I used these and several other photos taken in Europe to make note cards.  I was working in a jewellery and gift store at the time and the owner kindly allowed me to add my cards to the card stand.  I did enjoy seeing the locals buying my cards and often wondered who they were sent to.

Vee is hosting a Note Card Party on her blog.  I'm looking forward to joining the others and looking forward to stopping by their blogs to take a look at their beautiful note cards here.  Hope that the sun is shining in your corner of the world!

27 comments:

  1. Lovely scenes. How great that you thought to really make them into cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photographs! I have been fascinated with France and French culture ever since I studied French in high school (many years ago!). But I also loved hearing the background of these photos...and that you really sold them as note cards! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, yes, ma'am...I would sure buy these note cards...just beautiful photos of a beautiful place.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these glimpses of Parisian life. Such a great idea for note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you actually used your photos for real note cards!...and they are very well done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note cards from your travel photos are a wonder idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, then, you've got proven winners! I know a few gals who'd buy them and frame them for their decorating. Thank you for joining right in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pics are great, special memories I'm sure:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think having ones photos made into note cards is a fabulous idea and I keep thinking about doing so. These ones you took in Paris are great, also loce the new header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your photos of Paris. Yes, they would make the perfect set of memories in note cards. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Stunning photos! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. great ideas. when picking out mine ... i thought about doing a "cute people" note card selection. i do that within my blog ... finding "cute people" where ever i travel ... fun!! i really love your header shot. (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos Sheila! I love the street scenes, the man playing the viola (?), well all of them. :) Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela! We were wondering along the streets of Ile St Louis on Easter Monday- our last full day in Paris and heard the cello playing softly. I played the cello as a child but that's another story.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful images, I would behave bought some of your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific candid shots and a great idea for note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really would be fun to know where the cards went...some may have been framed! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures, ready capture that Pairs feel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paris too? You lucky girl!

    I enjoyed your visit today and for your comment. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to spend the day with your husband, enjoying this lovely weather!

    Regarding your peony ,Is your peony planted too deep, by chance? If the eyes are deeper than 1 inch below the surface, it won't bloom for you. Failing that, it may just take some time to settle in to its new spot. They do seem to pout a bit after being moved or divided.

    Enjoy these wondrous days of summer, Sheila! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was too deep so I dug down around it this spring. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful note card pic's, Sheila. They spell Paris, for sure. What month of the year did you visit? I'm guessing March or early April from your last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judy - we were there for a week which was at Easter. Paris is beautiful in the springtime. Many of the trees were in full blossom.

      Delete
  21. Your scenes of Paris make delightful note cards, Sheila. I'm sure the people buying them were reminded of their own trips to Paris or perhaps they were dreaming about such a trip? I know that would be my motivation for buying your cards.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are super shots depicting the culture of Paris and what a great idea to make them into note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can imagine how exciting it must have been to sell your own cards.

    ReplyDelete