I'm going to share a few old family photos with you today. My mom was a registered nurse and here she is on her graduation day from the Royal Jubilee School of Nursing...
This mosaic includes my great grandmother holding my great aunt, my grandmother and my father, my grandparents with my uncle and my parents with my baby sister and I.I hope to add more - sisters, my mom, my grandmothers, my great grandmothers, my great-great grandmothers my children ...the list goes on...
This family photo was taken in 1915 at the wedding of my great aunt and uncle, in front of the family home, Oak House, in Victoria, BC. My paternal great grandparents are the bride's parents. It's a very special photograph because my other great grandfather, my paternal grandparents, six great aunts and 4 great uncles are in this picture as well. I love the hats!
What a treasure you have in your photos, Sheila. It was a lovely mosaic - and I look forward to more photos. I will have to learn to use the scanner so that I can do something similar - you've inspired me!
ReplyDeleteWhat year did your grandmother graduate? My daughter's boyfriend's mother and grandmother are both graduates. His grandmother turned 93 yesterday!
Hi, great mosaics, how proud you must be! I hope that you have a lovely new week!
ReplyDeleteHugs...
Bobbi
Those are some amazing photos!
ReplyDeleteWhat better to make a mosaic from then old pictures...I love old pictures...its even better when its someone you know.Have a great week.God Bless Trish
ReplyDeleteHello and thank you for visiting my blog. You have lovely family photos here - thank you for sharing them with us. Family photos, memories are so important and are meant to be cherished. So nice to meet another Canadian gal from Vancouver Island! Nice to meet you. All the best - Michelle.
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting on my blog.
ReplyDeleteIs Mother's Day celebrated in May in Canada? It is in Germany too. I used to send my Mum's card far too early for a few years because it is two months earlier here.
Lovely photos you have there, they keep memories alive.
Hi Sheila, interesting old photos of your dad's family...I didn't know they were Victoria pioneers!
ReplyDelete