These trees grow on the island of Maui. I've always loved trees and thought I would share some favorites with you today.| We had wet snow that fell overnight and there's a 60% chance of more today. The weather here is unseasonably cool so the leaves on our trees are still very tiny and bright green. The farmer is seeding these days so I am always on call. Our two way radios are a great way to keep in touch while allowing me the opportunity to accomplish things in the house. Life on the farm is busy at this time of year but today we are just watching the rain fall. Hope you're having a great relaxing weekend! |
This afternoon I've been experimenting with a new way of making photo mosaics at http://bighugelabs.com/hockney.php
I'm adding my link to Mary’s Little Red House for Mosaic Monday There are so many creative bloggers to be found there.

Hi Sheila,
ReplyDeleteI love trees too, especially big ones. That's a very beautiful mosaic, so peaceful and exotic. I like it!
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog the other day. And thank you for your compliment of my English. Yes, I did study it at school. But I'm still working on it. Reading/writing blogs is one of the ways to learn/practice English.
All the best,
Olga
I love your tree mosaic - I'll have to investigate this new look!
ReplyDeleteI heard about the snow over your way and it reminded me of a Victoria Day weekend in Cold Lake when we had a big snow fall - that was the year of the tornado (1987) - what a memorable year!
I'm a tree lover too, so your mosaic today resonates with me. And I'm so happy that my Space Needle montage brought back memories. And when I was a university student, my beau and I went up to the observation deck (we couldn't afford the restaurant) and had to leave much sooner than we anticipated. It started to rain and we had left the top on the MG down. Oops!
ReplyDeleteThe trees are interesting...one looks like a elephant to me second up on right. Trish
ReplyDeleteHi Trish -Yes I agree with you - it does remind me of an elephant. Here's some information on the Lahina Banyon Tree from Maui Web.
ReplyDelete"This Banyan Tree was first planted in April, 1873, and marked the 50th Anniversary of Christian missionary work in Lahaina. The tree was imported from India was only 8 feet tall. It now stands over 60 feet high, has 12 major trunks in addition to a huge core. It stretches over a 200-foot area and shades 2/3 of an acre." This article also states that it's one of the largest Banyon trees in the world.
Oh, I love seeing trees that are so very different from the ones that are indigenous to my area of the world. these are beautiful! thanks for sharing at MM. :)
ReplyDeletewonderful tree photos, I am a great lover of trees. I've even been known to hug them! Don't tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila
ReplyDeleteI love trees!!! These are beautiful photos!!