More lilacs for you - our spring comes late but it's lovely to see in early June. The photo below is of a beautiful blown glass vase by Robert Held which was a gift from my daughter. It's the perfect place to show off today's iris and baby blue eyes from the perennial bed. I'm looking forward to all the flowers blooming. Every year I buy some new plants from a local church that has a wonderful perennial sale and I'm so thankful for each year's additions. This year I decided to buy "poor man's orchids" and a green elder. I love watching something "new" grow. Enjoy your gardens and please remember to stop by Mary's Little Red House to see the latest mosaics.

I imagine that I can smell the perfume of the lilacs - mmmm. Our lilacs have pretty much finished, but there's enough left on the branches that I had a lovely whiff yesterday as I worked in the bed below. The vase you used is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSheila, this is so lovely! Don't worry about the red X -- it's there to allow you to delete your link if you happen to make a mistake and put in the wrong name or url.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious gift, the vase is beautiful! Lovely blooms in your mosaic.
ReplyDeleteNice flowers and a beautiful vase.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love it when Blogger has a glitch? Thanks for the explanation on how to find this week's mosaic.
A wonderful mosaic. Had not problem finding this weeks mosaic.
ReplyDeleteHow pretty!
ReplyDeleteSheila, your lilacs are wonderful. And the vase from your daughter is very pretty.
ReplyDeletePretty vase, lovely flowers, gorgeous mosaic, what a great start to the week.
ReplyDeleteHappy MM
Maggie
Sheila, if you'll come back to LC and contact me from under my banner, I'd love to help you with your peonies.
ReplyDeleteJudith
Hi Shelia
ReplyDeleteYour lilacs are beautiful! Mine have faded but i enjoyed their beautiful scent when they bloomed. The vase your daughter gave you is so gorgeous! Beautiful colors! happy mosaic Monday!
What gorgeous colours! I wish I could grow them...I am going to have to look into this!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for a beautiful week,
Natasha.
I love watching my flowers grow to....I just wish I new what plantd to plant that would last the longest. Trish
ReplyDelete