I have such wonderful memories of Paris. I didn't have a digital camera then so simply pulled these photos from my album and snapped some more. I arrived at our hotel before my daughter who was arriving on a later flight from Rome, so I wandered down to see Notre Dame and for my first glimpse of the Seine. On the way back to our hotel, I ventured into a doll shop and boldly asked the owner if I might take a picture of the dolls. She kindly nodded oui. We wandered the streets of Paris for a week and sometimes we were in just the right location to take pictures that captured glimpses of the people of Paris. I would love to go back one day and just soak up the atmosphere, see more of the Louvre, stay in the 5th again, and go back to our favourite bakery for that wonderful caramel torte. Ah Paris - it was beautiful that spring! (click mosaic to enlarge) If you like mosaics you'll meet some wonderfully talented photographers at Mary's Little Red House .
Happy Mother's Day to all of you who visit here. I hope the day will bring you smiles and sunshine. In honour of my children I'll include this modified photo, taken on Mother's Day 1986.
Thanks for shareing your memories. Trish
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely memory you must have of that trip! I'd love to go to Paris with my daughter - she went alone two years ago and it's her favorite city. Maybe one day............
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to go back again!
Happy Mother's Day to you, Sheila.
ReplyDeleteWhat happy memories these family photos must bring.
LOVE the mosaic. I would love to visit Paris!
ReplyDeleteYour Paris mosaic was nice to look at as were your old photos.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mosaic, I would love to visit Paris someday. Have a wonderful week and take care:)
ReplyDeleteOoh la la! What a perfect Parisian mosaic. I would love to go back (I turned 25 in Paris). Your photos stirred up pleasant memories of my trip.
ReplyDeleteOh what a wonderful trip that must have been! Thanks so much for sharing at MM. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip that was! Enjoyed your pictures of Paris, a very lovely mosaic!
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog Wading in the Sea...yes Sam had a wonderful trip and when we go to the beach he points out all the things he has learned.
Your blog is lovely...I'll be back to visit.
Happy Mother's Day
Great mosaic of Paris. Looks like you had a great time with your daughter. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteWonderful mosaic...Beautiful mosaic, I would love to visit Paris someday.
ReplyDeleteAnd so lovely photos of remember!
Happy MM...Luna
What a wonderful mosaic. I would love to go to Paris someday.....
ReplyDeleteCarol
Sheila I too visted Paris a few summers ago and these images take me back!I also would love to return!Thank you for the memories!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip with your daughter - memories to last a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Lovely mosaic, you know how much I love Paris. The b'w photo of you all with perms & sunglasses is a classic, very stylish.
ReplyDelete~Maggie~
When I first met my husband, we went to Paris for 2 weeks. We stayed at La Abbay (?), in walking distance to The Notre Dame, St. Germain, Louvre, Seine, it was the most perfect location. We fell in love there. It was Easter, we heard the bells of Notre Dame. Had a little balcony where we kept wine and cheese. Our hotel was so lovely. It had a living room/bath, then upstairs was the bedroom w/courtyards. The restaurants were so incredible, as we had a friend who had handwritten 10 pages of notes for us to make it all perfect. We took a day trip to teh Loure Valley, to different castles and then another to Giverny and Versailles. They were very small vans w/just a couple other couples. 3 different days. Lunches were devine. I came home and had lost 10 lb.! after eating such heavenly terrines, pate, foie gras, but see we walked everywhere. IT's so true, that book French Women Don't Get Fat... It was truly the most wonderful trip of our life. We've had others, but NOTHING will ever compare. Thanks for taking me back there. :)
ReplyDelete