
Tonight I'd like to take you on a tour through my perennial flower beds. Many of them have flowered and need to be tidied up so a closeup will show you the flowers that are still in bloom at the end of July. The clustered bellflowers are one of my favorites

Cranesbill is a perennial geranium. This plant was given to me at least 10 years ago by a friend who moved to Ontario. Thanks Barb!

Goldmoss stone crop is perfect for rock gardens or borders. Mine needs to be relocated. I want a rockgarden...if the farmer ever has the time to help me...

This is the second year for my Goutweed and it's just a nice round mound but I may have to watch it next year. I love the variegated leaves.

My poppy seeds were given to me by my sister who lives in Victoria, BC. I'm not sure what this variety is called. Do you know?

My Poor Man's Orchid is just beginning to bloom. The flowers are delicate and this is the first year I've grown one. I got it at our local church perennial sale early this June and I'm so pleased with the plant's growth. Three or four short shoots in a 4 inch pot have grown to a plant of waist height with a diameter of at least two feet.

I picked a large boquet of Baby's Breath a few days ago and will add it to any flowers I bring into the house

Three years ago a friend gave me Hollyhocks and I'm delighted to see them bloom as they remind me of my Granny's garden. I'm not sure of what the white perennial in the foreground is - any idea? Soon I'll be taking pictures of the Monkshood, Peachleaf Belflowers and the Dahalias I planted from seed. Hope you enjoyed this glimpse of my flower gardens.
Your garden is lovely. Watch that goutweed it can be thug in the garden, running over everything. Take care and have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers you have...I have the one you called Cranesbill a perennial geranium...never heard it called that....but I like it too. Trish
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful perennial garden, Sheila. You are a credit to your hometown!
ReplyDeleteOh my but these are beautiful.....some people just have the gift of growing gorgeous flowers.
ReplyDeleteYou have this gift Sheila, love seeing your garden.........:-) hugs
Your garden is fantastic. This time of year in Virginia the heat and some dry days take a toll on blooms.
ReplyDeleteThat was a nice photo garden tour. All the flowers are so pretty. Next year, I want to try growing baby breath too as these tiny flowers look great together with roses.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found me;
ReplyDeletesuch a delightful blog - I've joined!
Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral
You have such gorgeous flowers! I don't have much luck with perennials. Thius hot and humid summer my annuals didn't do so well either.
ReplyDelete